Alpha Gallery is an exciting accessible gallery space situated in the heart of Wellington's creative district- on vibrant Cuba St. It serves as the commercial face of Alpha Art Studio - an art studio and vocational space for adults with intellectual disabilities, which is housed in the same building. Our professional gallery promotes the work of these unique artists as well as being for hire to the wider arts community.
With a focus on accessibility and affordability we are open to all people to book our gallery for their next exhibition.
To share with the public the pride and happiness we have in creating pieces of art and exhibiting in a professional way. To provide an income from art sales and to be valued within the community.
To provide an accessible and respected gallery and venue for the wider community to visit and exhibit.
Empowerment, Self-Expression, Community, Respect, Opportunity
- To have a strong presence and profile in the wider community
- To be free from barriers of inclusion by being accessible to all people
- To provide a place where transferrable skills such as cash handling, customer service and professional arts practises can be learned
- To be integrated within the wider arts community by hosting events and exhibitions of artists outside our service
- To provide sustainable income for Alpha Art Studio Artists
- To give the public the opportunity to connect with and value people with intellectual disability
- To build partnerships with local businesses and community groups